Conference, 29 August 2013 | The Hague, The Hague Institute for Global Justice
On 29 August, The Hague Institute will convene a high-level conference titled: Achieving Sustainable Peacebuilding: Retrospect and Prospect. This conference builds on a research project which seeks to provide an understanding of the complex challenges involved in stabilization and reconstruction in fragile and conflict-affected situations.
Featuring Dutch and international representatives from governments, international organizations, academia, civil society and the private sector, participants will focus on three areas:
- Achieving Sustainable Peacebuilding: What have we Learned?
- Securing Peace After Interventions: Afghanistan, Iraq and LibyaBuilding
- Peaceful States in an Era of Globalization: Future Directions
A selection of relevant publications from the Peace Palace Library collection
- Eyffinger, A.C.G.M., The Peace Palace: Residence for Justice, Domicile of Learning, The Hague, Carnegie Foundation, 1988.
- Eyffinger, A.C.G.M., The Trusteeship of an Ideal: The Carnegie Foundation, Vignettes of a Century, Amsterdam, Enschedé, 2004.
- Hebly, A. and C. Boekraad, A New Home for the Study of International Law, The Hague, ABRI Publishers, 2008.
- Kerkvliet, G.C.H., The Peace Palace: A Living Institution of International Law, The Hague, Carnegie Foundation, 2005.