This week we have reached a milestone in our history as we celebrate the Peace Palace Centenary! On the occasion of our 100th anniversary, we will dedicate this month’s Newsletter to this special historical moment and share with you the exciting events of this past week. This moment offers us an opportunity to look back on our history and tell you about the events that unfolded one hundred years ago and the people involved who dedicated their lives to helping the Peace Palace come in to existence. The Centennial is also a time to look ahead and analyze our past accomplishments to determine the lessons learned from the past and discuss and debate new ways to deal with the many challenges that face the international legal system today. We will therefore keep you updated on our many events and activities that make up the Centennial Program and that will allow you a chance to participate and join in on some of the festivities.
A selection of relevant publications from the Peace Palace Library collection
- Eyffinger, A.C.G.M., The Peace Palace: Residence for Justice, Domicile of Learning, The Hague, Carnegie Foundation, 1988.
- Eyffinger, A.C.G.M., The Trusteeship of an Ideal: The Carnegie Foundation, Vignettes of a Century, Amsterdam, Enschedé, 2004.
- Hebly, A. and C. Boekraad, A New Home for the Study of International Law, The Hague, ABRI Publishers, 2008.
- Joor, J. en H.M. Verrijn Stuart, Bouwen aan vrede: honderd jaar werken aan vrede door recht: het Vredespaleis, 1913-2013, ‘s-Gravenhage, Carnegie-Stichting, 2013.
- Joor, J. et H.M. Verrijn Stuart, La construction de la paix: une action séculaire au service de la paix par le droit: le Palais de la Paix, 1913-2013, La Haye, Fondation Carnegie, 2013.
- Joor, J. and H.M., Verrijn Stuart, The Building of Peace: A Hundred Years of Work on Peace through Law: the Peace Palace, 1913-2013, The Hague, Carnegie Foundation, 2013.
- Kerkvliet, G.C.H., The Peace Palace: A Living Institution of International Law, The Hague, Carnegie Foundation, 2005.