The Library has recently received a large donation of books and publications in Armenian from the Armenian Association of International Law. These books and publications are of great value because they have broadened and enriched our collection with books and publications dealing with international law in Armenian.
The Armenian Association of International Law (AAIL) has been founded in Yerevan the capital of Armenia in 1999 and currently has more than 500 members. The AAIL is the first NGO in Armenia dealing with international law and its main goal is the dissemination of knowledge on a broad range of topics related to Public and Private International Law in Armenia. To achieve this goal the AAIL does research and publishes regularly on international law topics relating to Armenia and the surrounding area. Furthermore the AAIL organizes conferences, seminars and round table discussions on various topics related to the implementation of international provisions in the domestic legislation of Armenia. The AAIL has cooperated with numerous international organizations, for example OSCE, ICRC and the UN.
Within the framework of the AAIL many material has been published related to international human rights judicial and non-judicial mechanisms, such as protection of human rights at the European Court of Human Rights, the UN Committee on Human Rights, Committee against Torture and others. This has greatly contributed to improve the knowledge about Human Rights and Human Rights protection within Armenia.
The Peace Palace Library would like to thank Mr Hovhannisyan the President of the Council of the AAIL and Ms Lusine Hakobyan the Founding Member of AAIL for their generous donation to our collection.
A selection of relevant publications from the Peace Palace Library collection
1. “The Principles of Criminal Justice in International Law. The Evolution and Specifics of Implementation”. Monograph. “NOTA BENE” Publishing House. Moscow 2012. (328 Pages). Author Vladimir Hovhannisyan.
2. European Court of Human Rights. The Features of Activity, the Legal nature of its Judgments and the Manner of Filing Applications. Study. (120 pages). Yerevan 2002. “Tigran Metc” Publishing House. Author Vladimir Hovhannisyan.
3. “Problems of International Legal Regulation of Fight against Terrorism Nowadays”. Monograph. (256 pages). “Tigran Metc” Publishing House. Yerevan 2008. Author Lusine S. Hakobyan
4. Commentaries on Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms (4 November, 1950) and Protocols to the Convention. The Case-law of the European Court of Human Rights. Study. “Tigran Metc” Publishing House. Yerevan 2005. (528 Pages). - Co-authors: V. Hovhannisyan, Lusine S. Hakobyan, Z. Ghukasyan, L. O. Hakobyan.
5. “The First Armenian Constitution Adopted 1500 Years Ago”. “Tigran Metc” Publishing House. Yerevan 1999. Co-authors: Vladimir Hovhannisyan, Kim Ghahramanyan.
6. International Public Law and International Private Law. Educational Practical Handbook. General Editor: Lusine Hakobyan. Yerevan 2008. “Tigran Metc” Publishing House. Co-authors: Lusine Hakobyan, Armine Harutyunyan, Karine Hakobyan.
7. Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons Which May be Deemed to be Excessively Injurious or to Have Indiscriminate Effects (10 October 1980) and Protocols I, II, III, IV, V to the 1980 Convention and Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on their Destruction (18 September 1997). Collection of documents. Official Armenian translation, recognized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia. Published by International Red Cross Committee (ICRC). Yerevan 2004. Compiler of the Collection, Author of Armenian translation and legal editing: Lusine Hakobyan
8. International Legal Instruments on the Suppression of Terrorism. Collection of documents. “Njar” Publishing House. Yerevan 2005. Compiler of the Collection, Author of Armenian translation and legal editing: Lusine Hakobyan
9. “International Criminal Court”. Collection of Legal Instruments: Rome Statute of ICC, Rules of Procedure and Evidence Elements of Crimes. Published by ICRC. Yerevan 2010. "Asoghik" Publishing House. Official Armenian Translation, recognized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia. Compilers of Armenian translation and legal editing, Co-authors: Vladimir Hovhannisyan, Lusine S. Hakobyan, L. O. Hakobyan.
10. Commentary on the Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, and relating to the Protection of Victims of Non-International Armed Conflicts (Protocol II). Translated from English into Armenian and edited by Lusine Hakobyan. Published by International Red Cross Committee (ICRC). Yerevan 2008. “Limush” Publishing House. Author of translation and legal editing: Lusine Hakobyan.
11. “Missing Persons”. A Handbook For Parliamentarians. Translated from English into Armenian and edited by Lusine Hakobyan.Published by ICRC. Yerevan 2010. “Limush” Publishing House. Author of translation and legal editing: Lusine Hakobyan.