International organisations in The Hague work tirelessly to secure a safer and better world. Is goes without saying that all this happens backstage inside the many international organisation for which the city is known, like The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY), OPCW, Unicef and of course the Peace Palace. For one day each year, you can pay a visit to these remarkable institutes and that is during the The Hague International Open day on Sunday the 24th of September.
Take part in a tour and learn more about the many different types of justice, international security and human rights. Visit the International Lounge at the Museon and learn all about how The Hague is the second UN City in the world and ‘ the’ International city of Peace and Justice.
There is no admittance fee! For security reasons, we do ask you to sign up for tours in and around the international organisations in advance.
You can register here!
Organisations that will open their doors:
– Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
– International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) and Mechanism for International Criminals Tribunals (MICT)
– International Criminal Court (ICC)
– Hague Conference on Private International Law (HCCH)
– International Court of Justice (ICJ) and Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA)
– The Peace Palace Library
– Europe House
– OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities (OSCE HCNM)
– International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP)
After a visit to the International Open Day, you’ll know why The Hague bears its title with pride!