The Peace Palace Library has the pleasure to announce a lecture and panel discussion on ‘Legacies of the Armenian Genocide’.
Date: 7th of May
Time: 17:00-19:00, you can gather at 16:45 at the security lodge, please carry a valid ID.
Place: Peace Palace, Carnegieplein 2 Den Haag, Seminar Room.
Costs: Free of charge, but registration is mandatory.
• Introduction by Nisan Sarican (moderator)
• Short lectures by speakers
• Panel discussion
• Q & A
• Concluding remarks and drinks
With the following distinguished speakers:
- Jeroen Vervliet, Peace Palace Library Director, will discuss what impact the Armenian
Genocide had on Raphael Lemkin and the drafting of the Genocide Convention of 1948.
- Alexis Demirdjian, Trial Lawyer at the International Criminal Court, examines the Istanbul trials
after WWI, their legacy and parallels with current international criminal trials.
- Uğur Ümit Üngör, Associate Professor of History and genocide scholar, explores the current
vulnerability and politics of minorities in the region as a consequence of the Armenian genocide
[number of readers: 585]