Gauthier, R., The International Olympic Committee, Law, and Accountability, London, New York, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
- Hilpert, H., Die Olympischen Spiele der Antike und Moderne im Rechtsvergleich, Stuttgart, Boorberg, 2014.
- Höfling, W., J. Horst und M. Nolte (eds.), Olympische Spiele, Tübingen, Mohr Siebeck, 2013.
- Javaloyes Sanchis, V., El régimen jurídico del Tribunal Arbitral del Deporte, Cizur Menor, Aranzadi, 2014.
- Mestre, A.M., The Law of the Olympic Games, The Hague, T.M.C. Asser Press, 2009.
- Richards, A., P. Fussey and A. Silke, Terrorism and the Olympics: Major Event Security and Lessons for the Future, London, Routledge, 2011.
- Rürup, R. (ed.), Selwyn, P.E. (transl.), 1936 : die Olympischen Spiele und der Nationalsozialismus : eine Dokumentation = 1936 : the Olympic Games and National Socialism : a documentation, Berlin, Stiftung Topographie des Terrors, 1999.
- Schaus, G.P. and Wenn, S.R., Onward to the Olympics: Historical Perspectives on the Olympic Games, Waterloo, ON, Wilfrid Laurier University Press, 2007.
- Spaaij, R. and C. Burleson (eds.), The Olympic Movement and the Sport of Peacemaking, London, Routledge, 2013.
- Stelitano, A., Le Olimpiadi all'ONU: le Nazioni unite e lo sport: dall'embargo all'Olimpismo, Padova, Cleup, 2012.
- Trova, E., V. Alexandrakis and P. Skouris, Olympic Games of the European Union, Baden-Baden, Nomos, 2011.
- Wollmann, A.S., Nationality requirements in Olympic sports, Oisterwijk, Wolf Legal Publishers, 2016.
Journal articles and book-items
- Blackshaw, I.S., "Protecting Major Sporting Events with Particular Reference to the 2012 London Olympic Games", Entertainment and Sports Law Journal, 7 (2010), No. 2.
- Bondulich, J.R., "Rescuing the "Supreme Court" of Sports: Reforming the Court of Arbitration for Sport Arbitration Member Selection Procedures", Brooklyn journal of international law, 42 (2016), No. 1, pp. 275-328.
- Dahill, E.H., "Hosting the Games for All and by All: the Right to Adequate Housing in Olympic Host Cities", Brooklyn Journal of International Law, 36 (2012), No. 3, pp. 1111-1148.
- Duval, A., "The Russian Doping Scandal at the Court of Arbitration for Sport: Lessons for the World Anti-Doping System", in Duval, A. and Rigozzi, A. (eds.), Yearbook of international sports arbitration 2016, The Hague, T.M.C. Asser Press, 2017, pp. 61-100.
- Duval, A., "Getting to the Games: the Olympic Selection Drama(s) at the Court of Arbitration for Sport", The International Sports Law Journal, 16 (2016, No. 2, pp. 54-66.
- Faut, F., "The Prohibition of Political Statements by Athletes and its Consistency with Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights: Speech is Silver, Silence is Gold?", The International Sports Law Journal, 14 (2014), No. 3-4, pp. 253-263.
- Gauthier, R., "Olympic Game Host Selection and the Law: A Qualitative Analysis", Jeffrey S. Moorad Sports Law Journal, 23 (2016), No. 1, pp. 1-68.
- Gotlib, Z., "Athletes Have Rights, Too, Right: Investigating the Extreme Unfairness in Sports' Purported Supreme Authority - Why the International Court of Arbitration for Sport Fails to Reign Supreme", Cardozo Journal of International & Comparative Law, 24 (2015-2016), Nos. 1-2, pp. 389-422.
- Gustafson, J., "Bronze, Silver, or Gold: Does the International Olympic Committee Deserve a Medal for Combating Human Trafficking in Connection with the Olympic Games?", California Western International Law Journal, 41 (2011), No. 2, pp. 433-476.
Guthoff, I., "Creating a Sustainable Olympic Games", Syracuse Journal of International Law and Commerce, 44 (2017), No. 2, pp. 357-396.
- Kopczyk, R., "Legal Problems of the Olympic Movement", International Sports Law Journal, (2012), No. 2, pp. 60-63.
- Kostakopoulou, D. and A. Schrauwen, "Olympic Citizenship and the (Un)Specialness of the National Vest: Rethinking the Links between Sport and Citizenship Law", International Journal of Law in Context, 10 (2014), No. 2, pp. 143-162.
- Liu, J.H., "Lighting the Torch of Human Rights: The Olympic Games as a Vehicle for Human Rights Reform", Northwestern University Journal of International Human Rights, 2 (2007), No. 5, pp. 213-235.
- Mangan, M. and Defriez, H., "The Case for the Reinstatement of the Osaka Rule prohibiting Athletes with Prior Doping Suspensions from competing in the Olympic Games", Maxwell's International Sports Law Review, 17 (2017), No. 2, pp. 45-51.
- Mavromati, D., "The Rules governing the CAS Anti-Doping and Ad Hoc Divisions at the Olympic Games", Maxwell's International Sports Law Review, 17 (2017), No. 3, pp. 14-24.
- Panagiotopoulos, D.P., "Lex Olympica: From the Inter-State Ancient Greek Law to the Rules of Participation in the Modern Olympic Games", International Sports Law Journal, (2012), No. 2, pp. 63-66.
- Shachar, A., "Picking Winners: Olympic Citizenship and the Global Race for Talent", Yale Law Journal, 120 (2011), No. 8, pp. 2088-2139.
- Weatherhead, J.E., J. da Silva and K.O. Murray, "Threat of Zika Virus to the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic and Paralympic Games", Current Tropical Medicine Reports, 3 (2016), No. 3, pp. 120-125.
- Ximenen, R. (et al.), "The Risk of Dengue for Non-Immune Foreign Visitors to the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil", BMC Infectuous Diseases, (2016.)
- Yurlov, S., "Right to Participate in Sporting Competition: A Human Right or Legal Fiction and the Russian Legal Framework for Sport", The International Sports Law Journal, 15 (2015), Nos. 1-2, pp. 123-127.
- Nairobi Treaty on the Protection of the Olympic Symbol adopted at Nairobi (26 September 1981)
- Olympic Charter and Other Relevant Documents
- United Nations General Assembly Resolution A/RES/48/11 (2 Novermber 1993): 'Observance of the Olympic Truce'
- United Nations General Assembly Resolution A/62/L.2 (16 October 2007): 'Sport for Peace and Development: Building a Peaceful and Better World through Sport and the Olympic Ideal'
- Olympics and International Sports Law Research Guide (Georgetown Law Library)
- Research Guide Sport (Peace Palace Library)
- Grell, T., The Olympic Games and Human Rights – Part I: Introduction to the Host City Contract (9 June 2017) Asser International Sports Law Blog
- Grell, T., The Olympic Games and Human Rights – Part II: Human Rights Obligations added to the Host City Contract: Turning Point or Empty Promise? (13 June 2017) Asser International Sports Law Blog